Thursday, April 19, 2018

Returning to Returning Catholics

I apologize to my readers for the enormous amount of time that has gone by since I last posted on this blog.  Aside from health issues, life got in my way!  Ok, enough excuses!  Life getting in the way is truly not an excuse. Life is what we are about--in this world and eternally...am I right?

Let's talk about life as we know it, in our world today.  It has now been 12 years since I returned to the catholic Church after my years in the wilderness, as it were.  But, in those 12 years so much has happened.  I certainly did not live a stagnant life in that time.  I had my ups and downs.  But, through it all, I can see spiritual growth.  In fact, it helps to take time out every now and again to look back over our lives with an eye on our spiritual life.

Have you ever taken a day, or even an hour to review your past year or few years?  Have you been able to see the hand of God guiding you,  in retrospect?  I know that there were so many days when I was tired or downright exhausted and sure God was nowhere to be found. I was in the midst of a serious struggle that felt as though it could be life or death.  But where was God?  I came back to the Catholic Church, didn't God respect that? Well... God was at work in my lefe as I reviewed my life.  Even in those wilderness moments God did amazing things!

Does God have to yank us out of a predicament in order to show us He is present?  Does God have to perform technicolor miracles to let us know he has not forgotten us?

Actually, God did miracles I never expected.  God used those moments when I was struggling to teach me how to handle life, so that I could survive and thrive in all srts of trials and tribulations.  I have learned how to resist some temptations and some failures in life.  Sure, I am not quite yet a saint, or even close...But, God is teaching me every step of the way!

God bless all of you on your journey as well.  Take time to look and see how God is at work in your life.  It is worth the look!

I will be posting again soo!
Jim

No comments: